Sedex is a not for profit membership organisation dedicated to driving improvements in ethical and responsible business practices in global supply chains.
As the largest collaborative platform for sharing ethical supply chain data, Sedex is an innovative and effective supply chain management solution, helping companies to reduce risk, protect their company reputation and improve supply chain practices.
Sedex has 2 main aims:
- to ease the burden on suppliers facing multiple audits, questionnaires and certifications.
- to drive improvements in the ethical performance of global supply chains.
Sedex’s core product is a secure, online database which allows members to store, share and report on information in 4 key areas:
- Labour Standards
- Health & Safety
- The Environment
- Business Practices
Since its launch in 2004, over 23,000 organisations from around the world have made Sedex their platform of choice for exchanging ethical supply chain data.
Sedex at a glance:
- a not for profit membership organisation dedicated to driving ethical improvements in global supply chains.
- a secure online platform for sharing and viewing information on labour standards, health and safety, the environment and business practices.
- the largest collaborative platform for sharing ethical supply chain data.
- a truly global organisation with members in over 150 countries.
- not a standard setting body, code of conduct or certification.